Friday, April 10, 2009

Frazzled!


Happy Friday to All! I was having a great morning. Had my coffee and my raisin brain cereal with fat free milk of course! In meetings until 11:00, they were research meetings about our HRIS system so nothing that needed to much brain power in the early AM. Did I mention it's also payday!!! Ring the Alarm!!!!! WOOHOOO What I look forward to every two weeks while busting my butt is payday. Yesterday I logged in my online bill pay and paid all bills that were due, it made me feel great!

I logged into my bank account this morning to look at the number that had been deposited into my account wishing I could use it all to go shopping with my bestie*, but to my utter shock there was no deposit!!!! WHAT!! No deposit! As my heart started beating quicker and my legs started to get weak, where the hell is money?

Called the Payroll Queen.....

ME: Um Hi - I don't see that I got paid this week....

PQ - Well maybe your bank is closed that's why...

ME: No, don't think so can you check this in our system to see if everything went through....(As my hands want to go through the phone and rip her through it)

PQ OK, hold on

Me: Holding which felt to me like um about 2 minutes

PQ: Laughing - You didn't get paid I will have to run a Manuel check for you....hehehe Sorry

ME: Great can I please have it ASAP so I can deposit it......Oh yeah and why did this happen??

PQ - Don't know will have to check.

ME: Ok - As I hung up the phone my hands stop shaking and frustration started to kick in....how is this funny to her??

Ok so now lets fast forward about thirty minutes since all I was doing was cursing and screaming and throwing what I would consider an "Adult" tantrum. She comes walking down the hallway with check in hand into my office PQ "Sorry I terminated you in the system by accident and it canceled your auto pay"...........My reaction - Fake "Haha Ok" - grabbing check - "thanks"

Ok everyone makes mistakes I get it...but not with MY paycheck!!!

Heart rate is not back to normal - I have to go deposit this check now before the bank closes - have a great weekend and a Happy Easter to all!!

* My Bestie is the definition of amazing. Not only does she deal with me but she also has a heart of gold. I thank my lucky stars that she is in my life......

0 comments: